Its been awhile since I posted an update. I took some time off from personal projects and have been focused in on finishing my CS degree with 4 classes left. The past two weeks I’ve found time to get back into my passion ( game development) and I’ve started working on a roguelike that is lacking a proper name.
So when I set out to build this, I wanted to keep my eye on the prize and get a prototype up and running as quickly as possible. This way I had something playable and could then iterate over game features, tuning, and polish. So without further ado here is a short tech demo. Things I’ve got completed:
- Procedural Map Generation
- A* Pathfinding
- Player Movement & AI movement
- A combat system based on 1d100 roll under
More updates to come, but the project is coming along nicely.